Re: [TowerTalk] Control and coax cable removal question

To: "'Gedas'" <w8bya@mchsi.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Control and coax cable removal question
From: "Ron Gorski" <ron-n9au@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 20:24:06 -0000
Indeed......why remove them?
N9AU

-----Original Message-----
From: TowerTalk <towertalk-bounces@contesting.com> On Behalf Of Gedas
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 7:48 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com

Solvents like those mentioned will only affect Polyurethane _before_ it cures.
Acetone is esp effective when it is still wet. Once it cures it resists almost
all common solvents. A quick search on line mentioned the following (but I
suspect these might be hard to obtain and very toxic).

"DMF is the first choice,also DMSO, TMS and dimethyl acetamide maybe used as
well, but usually avoided because of toxicity and volatile content. Generally
it is hard to dissolve polyurethane as swelling is the common phenomenon
observed. May be you can try with mixture of dichloromethane, dimethyl
formamide and methanol".

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....