Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter Yagis

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter Yagis
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 13:19:58 -0700
The Moxon JK 40m is another way to go. Proven stack performance with essentially the same design from modified CC 40m at K3LR. Really wideband. Cheaper too.

An interlaced multi-band has to make some tradeoffs that yield lower gain, poorer swr performance, or poorer F/B or some combination of all three. Plus a lot more Al in the air and cost.

Then would you be better off with a long boom 3 or 4L at the top of the tower? Do you intend do use the take-off angle select-ability of a stack?

Grant KZ1W