Re: [TowerTalk] Low Cost 20 Foot Mast

To: "'Ron Gorski'" <ron-n9au@sbcglobal.net>, "'Tony'" <73guddx@gmail.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low Cost 20 Foot Mast
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 20:57:09 -0700
Tony,
Can you run two rigid pipes back to the 9 foot shed, to form a triangular
structure?  I did that with my tall wood stove chimney years ago, and it has
survived a number of 90mph wind gusts.
You would get more leverage with the pipe back-stays if you put the concrete
base a ways away from the shed, and if the shed is long enough to allow the
connections to be spaced far apart.
Of course the shed needs to be sturdy as well!  But the rigid pipes will
work in both compression as well as tension, which the guys cannot.
73,
Steve
N6SJ