Re: [TowerTalk] ground wire thoughts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground wire thoughts
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 17:02:13 -0800
On 12/24/2020 2:58 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
I guess I'm missing what's the "very bad idea" part of this.  We are talking RF here, not lightning.  Right?  Antenna in the middle of this field, right?

Thanks for raising the question. As I understand it, he's not loading his tower, but is planning a 2-el 80M array along one side of his lot. If I got it wrong and he is loading the tower, then yes, a set of radials from the tower makes perfect sense, with additional radials for the future array.

73, Jim