Re: [TowerTalk] Tilt over tower

To: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tilt over tower
From: Kirk Kleinschmidt via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 04:04:37 +0000 (UTC)
On my 20-foot "test" tower, which tilts over at the base and brackets onto the
edge of my carport beam, i wrapped a couple turns of logging chain
around/through the Rohn 25 structure to spread out the load where the tilt
cable attaches. I guess on Rohn 25, especially with such a short tower, that is
probably overkill...  But the Rohn lattice towers definitely need something
like the wrap-around chain (IMHO) to spread out the load.
--Kirk, NT0Z

My book, "Stealth Amateur Radio," is now available from www.stealthamateur.com
and on the Amazon Kindle (soon)

    On Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 09:18:15 PM CDT, Kelly Taylor