Re: [TowerTalk] This just about freaked me out

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] This just about freaked me out
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 22:24:30 +0000
Did you catch what looked like a little graffiti in one shot?  Maybe those who
get there leave a little note that they made it.

One unusual thing (though I guess for this kind of structure it makes sense) is
that all the positioning straps are clipped to the center of the harness rather
than using the side rings.  Seems like you’ve got to have good balance to keep
from flopping over to one side.  That guy standing on the outside with his feet
on the smooth part of the section is so confident he looks like he’s just
having another day at the office.  That probably takes some practice.  Even on
power poles using climbing gaffs you have one leg on each side which is pretty
stable.

Ken K6MR