Re: [TowerTalk] Unique Shunt-Feed Tower question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Unique Shunt-Feed Tower question
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 22:30:27 -0700

I've never tried this but I have often wondered the same thing.  A wire running down the outside of the tower basically just forms a shorted parallel wire transmission line along with a portion of the tower, albeit with conductors of obviously dissimilar diameter.  A wire INSIDE the tower would simply be a coaxial transmission line and although the characteristic impedance would be different (and therefore the attachment point might be different), the basic principle should be the same.

73,
Dave   AB7E