[TowerTalk] ALM-31 Tower question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ALM-31 Tower question
From: n1bkb--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 00:56:36 +0000 (UTC)
Hi everyone,
I own an ALM-31 tower that I've got permanently mounted in my back yard on the
US Tower rotator base assembly.  The Stepp-IR Urban beam and 2/70 yagis I have
on top puts me right at the 50-lb maximum loading recommended by US Tower when
it is at full height so whenever we get wind forecasts of 25+ MPH, I lower the
array just to be on the safe side.

Now, after two plus years of flawless use, I've become annoyed with the need to
raise and lower it by hand and was wondering whether anyone has figured out a
way to add an electric motor and gear box to the winch to replace the cranking
handle.
Thanx in advance for the help.
73,
SteveN1BKB