[TowerTalk] LMR KNOCK OFFS Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 231, Issue 6

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR KNOCK OFFS Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 231, Issue 6
From: Steve Davis | Davis RF <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:16:12 +0000
Hi Brad,

Good question as there are many knockoffs out there for Times Microwave LMR
cables, due to the very high popularity of the LMR (Land Mobile Radio) line.

Almost all of these knockoffs are made in China.   L Com  CA-600 is mfrd'd by
Signal Intelligence International of Hong Kong.

My firm buys nothing from China for equal reasons:   We know that China's QC,
particularly relative to machining and extrusion, are not reliable.  Secondly,
it is our firm's policy not to support human rights violating countries.

The listed price on L Com  is $ 1.00  higher / ft  than our price.

We sell a lot of LMR to military and commercials, hence our low pricing also
offered to our fellow hams.
There is also an alternative cable, with cost savings,  equivalent size,
attenuation, and overall
specifications.

If you would like to contact me directly, I can further assess your application
and advise you of data that will help you make a decision.

73,  Steve,   K1PEK,   Snr. Cable Design Engr. and Founder,  DAVIS  RF  Co.

   PS: Some folks may indicate that some of  Times Microwave LMR is made in
China .  This is correct, however, companies of the size of Times have their
own staffed mfr. plants with the same strict QC standards as the cables also
made in Wallingford,  CT.  I have dealt with Times for over 35 years.  We
specify product made in CT.   Also, I knew the retired chairman of L-Com, up
until his untimely/early death last December.

Today's Topics:

   1. L-Com LMR-600 (K8ZM)

Message: 1