Re: [TowerTalk] coax and leaks

To: "tower and HF Antenna Construction Topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax and leaks
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 09:12:39 -0700
"poor coax is like carrying water in a sieve"

Braid coverage matters. Commercially double braid or hardline (solid Cu shield) is used for jumpers. For hams, the RG8 size "foil plus braid" is the economical choice if from a reputable brand/supplier. DXEng also sells double braid TFE mini coax jumpers which, while expensive, are very handy for rig to amp to filter jumpers. Or buy the bulk RG400 (stranded center) or RG142 (solid center) TFE silver plated double braid and make your own.

Grant KZ1W