Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 19:51:10 -0700
Hi Dave,

I tend to agree with Wes, but I would first want to know how you will be using them. Do you plan SO2R operation, which requires a run for each, or only one at a time, with a single run switched at the tower?

I also saw "towers" plural. Are they relatively close to each other, or widespread? I'd try to run 7/8-in to a central point where it can be switched to something smaller that goes up the tower(s). Most of my antennas above 30M are in 7/8-in, but I've managed to find all of it used or reel ends.

A couple of short runs (~150 ft total) to monobanders are mostly in half-wavelengths of 1/2-in CATV hard line.

73, Jim K9YC