Re: [TowerTalk] What kind of antenna is this?

To: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>, towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What kind of antenna is this?
From: Kevin Zembower via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 19:13:12 +0000
Well, I think we're heading in the right direction, but the one in the
Wikipedia picture just has two wires between the end spreaders, and the
one I saw had five. Also, the one in the picture seems to have something
in the middle of it, and the one I saw didn't.

Another thing, the antenna I saw seemed to be part of one of the
(multi-band) hex-beam antennas. It didn't have an obvious feed-point; it
just formed one of the hex sides of the (single band) hex-beam. The
other multi-band hex-beam band antennas didn't have this antenna attached.

Here's another illustration. It could have appeared in the legs labeled
1 or 2, or even could have been in the reflector legs, I guess, but that
seems improvable. Picture at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xk0rbc6a79g2zb/IMG_20220523_150816134.jpg?dl=0

-Kevin