Re: [TowerTalk] How much can an AB-577 carry?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How much can an AB-577 carry?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 16:27:17 -0400
Crimey, and this is an engineer who did computational structural analyses of the masts on America's Cup boats.  I think what this is probably telling me is that I can safely put a small 6M yagi on top of my C-3, so long as I'm attentive to guy tightness.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

I am thinking about a little more antenna, and wonder what other
people have used successfully on this tower. By successful, I'm
thinking of relatively long-term longevity, wind survival, etc.
K7NV has a TH7 on one AB-577 and a 402CD on another:
<https://k7nv.com/id3.htm>

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV