Re: [TowerTalk] Six meter balun

To: k4to@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Six meter balun
From: Jack Brindle via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 12:21:44 -0500
Dave;

Check the ferrite cores. There is a very good chance that they overheated and
cracked.
Check K9YC’s manual for more information here. Jim’s advice as to the
connectors is
excellent as well. Usually a problem there is from arcing, and will show up in
the KPA500
as a high reflected power fault. If the problem exists at low power, then I
would suspect the balun.

73,
Jack, W6FB