Re: [TowerTalk] 3 element Cushcraft 6 meter beam.

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 3 element Cushcraft 6 meter beam.
From: ARTHUR BERNSTEIN via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 14:48:59 -0400
I’ve been using the Cushcraft A50-3 for about a year. Run 500 watts, mostly
with ft8 duty cycle. Works as well or as poorly as 3 elements on 6 ft. Boom
should. Construction is not heavy duty. SO-239 should be OK for 1kw at this
frequency. But of advice, carefully adjust the gamma match for your primary
band area. It’s fairly broad, but mine has an SWR of 1.7/1 over perhaps 500
kHz. I guess I was too lazy to more precisely adjust the gamma. Not a big deal.
Art., N2KA

Sent from my iPhone