Re: [TowerTalk] ROhn 25 Storage

To: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ROhn 25 Storage
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 11:17:03 -0800
Florida ( Wasps and spiders ) clogging up the tubes which later becomes water dams. People have been known to cause the same problem themselves on new Rohn 25 because they didn't know the bolts were stored in the legs. I am in the process of tie wrapping the ends with pieces of screen....

I use cheap-o plastic, or stainless steel scrubbie pads to plug holes. They allow air/moisture to flow through, and keep out the critters. Being scrubbie pads, they are generally stronger, and bulkier, therefore easier to grab and work with, than steel wool, which I feel is a bloody nightmare to work with by comparison.

Avoid the "copper" pads, they are flash-plated, and begin to rust within a few days.

Kurt