Re: [TowerTalk] 30m Beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 30m Beam
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 21:58:04 -0600
I did a bit of modeling with AutoEZ and came up with a Driven Director combo  SWR 1.5 6.5db gain and 10db F/B.  11.5 ft boom. This is removing the coil and x hat and using .875/.75/.675 tubing

Director 275.917 per side

Driven 295.335 per side

I have had 40-2CD's and XM 240' and never had any issues with the elements in Montana or Colorado.  We rarely get icing.  I did have an overhead break once.  I thought they double walled the elements at the center at least the Reflector?

I think I could get a bit better performance with a reflector but opted for shorter elements overall.  I may go back and play with the reflector version.  I don't think it is worth the extra .X gain

W0MU