Re: [TowerTalk] Junk Connectors (was Re: How lossy are PL-259s at HF?)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Junk Connectors (was Re: How lossy are PL-259s at HF?)
From: Steve Walter <stevewalter90@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 12:35:08 -0400
I bought a bunch of Amphenol 83-1SP connectors from Davis RF for my tower
project.  No problems until I tried to mate them to an Array Solutions
StackMatch;  they could not get started...talk about frustrating!  They
worked fine on everything else I have here.  Other PL-259s worked on the
StackMatch.  I ended up replacing the SO239s on the SM with Amphenol and
the problem was solved.  Joel at RF Connection who supplied Array Solutions
the SO239s blamed the 83-1SPs.  I was skeptical.....maybe not so much now
that I hear Rons report.

Steve   WA3A