Re: [TowerTalk] Junk Coonectors (was Re: How lossy are PL-259s at HF?)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Junk Coonectors (was Re: How lossy are PL-259s at HF?)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 10:26:58 -0700
On 6/19/2024 9:52 AM, tomgeorgens15@gmail.com wrote:
I have suspicions about the 83-1SP as well.

The only issue I've had with Amphenol-branded connectors was with a batch of 83-1SPs that was part of a group purchase from a major electronics distributor for NCCC and a couple of local clubs in Santa Cruz, CA. Two of the connectors (out of probably more than 50) I was installing had short threads. All of this occurred more than five years ago.

It has recently come to my attention that, several years ago Amphenol, began acquiring connector manufacturers and re-branding their connectors as sub-imprints of Amphenol products. I think I had seen a post that the "Amphenol RF" branding was the real deal. It would benefit all of us to have solid info on this.

73, Jim K9YC