[TowerTalk] Modeling a self supporting tower interaction

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling a self supporting tower interaction
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 11:37:36 -0600
Just curious I have an AN Wireless tower and was curious what effect the tower has on side or ring mounted antennas or even a stack.  My desire is mostly 6m related.  Element proximity to the tower is a factor.  The antenna would be a 7 ele FLA 30ft ish so there is a goodly amount of spacing between elements.

It is one thing to have a 2 or 3 inch mast running through the antenna, I would love to know what a 2.5 tower face does.  Others have indicated to me that while it seems like modeling Rohn 45 or a tower would be reasonable it is not.

Has anyone tried?

W0MU