Re: [TowerTalk] JK Mid Tri 15M Issue (K3PA)

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] JK Mid Tri 15M Issue (K3PA)
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2024 16:11:47 +0000
Thanks everyone for great feedback.  I am still debugging.  I have been able to
rule out 40M interactions (yes, it is a MidTri/40) - there is no effect on 15M
under 40M open/short.  I did find a big hint yesterday -while the glitch causes
a 10 dB decrease in signal when I am aimed at a station, if I am far off axis,
the same glitch INCREASES signal strength.  To me, this means a parasitic
element is at fault warping the pattern, and most likely the director based on
the large effect.

I'll be taking the "bang on elements with a pole" while listening on my FT-817
portable approach today.

73, Drew K3PA