[VHFcontesting] K1WHS multiop looking for SEPT CONTEST SKEDS!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS multiop looking for SEPT CONTEST SKEDS!
From: callbill@hotmail.com (Bill Olson)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:50 2003
Hi everyone,  I will send this message out one more time. I know some of us
don't even start *thinking* about the contest 'til the week before. We are
very interested in tropo or scatter skeds on the lower 4 bands in the 500 to
1000 mile range and on 903 and up in the 300mile plus range.

K1WHS VHF/UHF multiop contest station in W. Lebanon, MAINE, FN43mj, is
looking for skeds during the September contest. This is a concerted effort
this time and we've been working on the setup since last September. We have
new microwave rigs, refurbished antennas, and will be *set to go* at the
beginning of the contest! Station looks like this:

50MHz: 1.5kw out, 4 x 7 el at 100ft w/ electronic elevation control
144MHz: 1.5kw out, 4 x 18 el at 100 ft
222MHz: 1.5kw out, 4 x 16 el at 60 ft
432MHz: 1.2kw out, 4 x 25 el @ 50 ft
903MHz: 250w out, 4 x 33 el at 50 ft
1296MHz: 200w out, 4 x 45 el at 45 ft
2304MHz: 35w out, 4 x 76 el *blowtorches* at 50 ft
3456MHz: 30w out, 100-and-some element blowtorch at 55 ft
5760MHz: 20w out, 3ft dish @ 85ft.
10GHz (narrowband) 22w out 3ft dish @ 90ft
24GHz (narrowband) 1w out, 24" dish @ 40ft

Dave and a few of us have repaired and rebuilt a 60's era, camo painted,
30kw diesel generator which is now pecolating along PERFECTLY so we can
actually RUN all the above stuff simultaneously!!

We are looking for skeds on ALL bands but especially 903 and up! We would
also like to hear about any rover operations within *striking* distance so
WE can look for them at the appropriate times.

If you are interested in skeds reply directly to me at the above email
address. If you have a preferred time, pass that along and we will try to
accommodate. In the past I've gotten replies like, "we'll be on all of the
bands from em22 and will look for you during the contest". This almost NEVER
works. Let's try to make some firm schedules and actually MAKE some of these
qso's!!

BTW, to give you all an idea of how SERIOUS we actually are this year, we're
not shutting down the station to go eat breakfast at the "Dingaling" Sunday
AM (though we will be at the Dingaling Saturday morning for our "strategy"
planning session!). We are operating straight through!! (whew!!) Fotunately
we will be enjoying "meals by Monte" once again this year.

Let's have some skeds. Thanks!!!
and.. Good luck in the contest!

Bill Olson, K1DY, (for the K1WHS "crew": K1WHS, K1DY, N2CEI, W2PED, K1CA,
AV1S, W1MRQ, WB2ONA, K1OR, K1TOL, K7KX, WA8WZG, KB3XG, N2MSS, K1BX, N1LBI,
Sandra, Demi, and others too numerous to mention...)