[VHFcontesting] N0JK/r results

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N0JK/r results
From: n0jk@hotmail.com (jon jones)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:51 2003
Tough contest here in the heartland. Thunderstorms and high wind kept me
home Saturday. Sunday weather cleared off and went off to EM07 and EM08 on a
crisp clear fall evening. My "roving" is really a QRP portable operation
that I unpack, operate, then pack to move on to the next grid. Alot of time
spend putting up antennas, hooking up cables and fumbling with connectors in
the dark. Dismal band conditions, worse than January contest. No tropo, Es
or AU noted. Area activity down, but heard N0LL, N0KQY and KA0MR pluggin'
along up to the end of the contest. Worked N0KQY DM98 on 1296 MHz from EM08
with one minute to go in the contest for the best DX on that band.

N0JK/r  Grids activated: EM07, EM08  Bands:  50, 144, 432, 1296 MHz

20 QSOs 5 unique grids  231 Score