[VHFcontesting] K2UOP Sept. contest

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K2UOP Sept. contest
From: k2uop@raven-villages.net (Thomas Visselli)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:51 2003
I had to make a decision before the contest whether
to work the whole contest(like I usually do) or drive
up to Corning, N.Y. to celebrate my folks 65th
wedding anniversary.  Well needless to say I went
to N.Y., but jumped into the car early Sunday morning
to head back home in WV, a five hour drive.  We
got home around 1PM and I got on around 2PM after
setting up my 5.7 and 10GHZ on my deck.  Thanks to
Bill's (W3IY) hard work this was to be my first contest
with those bands.  I didn't make that many contacts on
the mm bands, but each one was a thrill especially when
I worked K1RZ on 10 GHZ and we just barely managed
to work on 2.3 GHZ.  We were both speechless.  All
in all, inspite of missing a lot of time and good tropo, I
had a lot of fun.  One regret was not getting a chance
to try to work W3IY on any of the bands he worked so
hard to get me on.  Next time Bill!
Sorry to take up so much space, but here are the final
standings for K2UOP in FM09 - SOAB High Power
category.  (I'm not sure 200mw on 5.7 and 10 GHZ is
high pwr - hi )
Band       Q       G
50          46      18
144        59      22
222        27      16
432        38      20
903         7        4
1296      14      11
2.3 Ghz   3        2
5.7          2        2
10GHZ    3        2

          199       97      final score 32,010

Thanks to all for a fun contest.  Sorry to anyone I
didn't work that called me, but I was doing a lot of
band hopping to maximize the usage of my limited
time.
See you all in Jan.
73, Tom