[VHFcontesting] Fwd: September scores page!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: September scores page!
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:51 2003
At 07:30 PM 9/15/01 -0500, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
>But....
>
>What's wrong with 3830@contesting.com?

I sent a note to Bruce, WA7BNM asking why there was no score submittal form
for the September VHF QSO Party when there were forms for such high
activity (sic) events as the Maryland QSO Party (no offense meant to MDers).

He told me that last year only three people submitted scores for the
September VHF QSO Party to 3830.  I guess if that's the case, I can see why
he doesn't see the need to support it.

I would prefer to see 3830 support the VHF contests.  I submitted my score
to the WZ1V page, but was somewhat taken aback in that the submittal page
makes it appear like you're submitting a score for NEWS or whatever
organization that is.  I went ahead and submitted when I checked the
results page and saw that NEWS and non-NEWS scores were identified as
such.  Still, 90% of the scores on that page are New England stations.  Not
wanting to appear non-appreciative of all NEWS has done, but I think we
need a national summary of scores.

73,

Dave/K8CC