[VHFcontesting] N7IR September VHF QSO Party

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N7IR September VHF QSO Party
From: gary.hembree@asu.edu (Gary Hembree)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:52 2003
Here's my report on the September contest outing.  Lots
of sunshine and moderate temperatures up at 7300 feet
ASL made the trip a nice break from the desert where we
live.  The contest was relaxing; i.e. slow.  The most
excitement, other than the elk bellowing all night,
was a 222MHz contact with K1VOW over in DM25.  Believe
it or not this score is a new QRP class record for the AZ
section in this contest.  Not much VHF/UHF activity here.

              ARRL SEPTEMBER VHF QSO PARTY -- 2001

      Call:      N7IR
      Category:  Single Operator Portable
      Power:     10 watts PEP or less
      Location:  Milk Ranch Point, DM44hj
      Section:   AZ

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS      GRIDS

       50       26       26           8
      144       23       23           8
      222        4        8           3
      432        7       14           3
     -----------------------------------

     Totals     60       71          22  =   1,562

Equipment Description:
Battery powered
2 Elecraft K2 IF transceivers
6 Meters: Ten-Tec 1208 xverter and 3el M2 Yagi @ 33'
2 Meters: Ten-Tec 1210 xverter and 9el M2 Yagi @ 18'
135 cm: Modified TT 1210 xverter and 10el M2 Yagi @ 18'
70 cm: Microwave Modules xverter and 18el M2 Yagi @ 26'
33 and 26 foot Portple(tm) masts

A trip to the desert in DM23 is in the planning stages for
the January 2002 VHF Sweepstakes.  I may add 1296MHz to the
portable station by then.

73
Gary, N7IR
DM43bi