[VHFcontesting] Antenna Towers/Arrays

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Antenna Towers/Arrays
From: crawfish@surfmore.net (Joe Crawford)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:53 2003
Saw a post by Bill,AA6TT. I remember the signal he put out with the stacked 6m
beams @200'. Was wondering if the group is aware of any VHF/UHF amateur station
using a tower taller than 200'. The tallest I have seen myself were in the
150'-160' range, and that was HF.Just curious.I always figured there would be a
point of diminishing returns, especially on 2m and above due to line loss. How
about it,guys? I will be listening around on 2m this week because we have high
pressure prevalent here in southern middle TN(80 miles south of Nashville).
                                                73,
                                                 Joe W4AAB  EM65LB