[VHFcontesting] Tall Tower Discussion

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Tall Tower Discussion
From: crawfish@surfmore.net (Joe Crawford)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:53 2003
Thanks to all who replied to my post per tall antennas. AA6TT told me that W8JI
and KC1XX  had permission from the FAA to put up towers taller than 200'. In
matters of being a threat to safety of airplanes, the FCC defers to the FAA on
that topic.I am still waiting to hear from a couple of hams in south AL that
were putting up towers in the 200' category. We should be lucky like IR4T
Contest Station in  Spilamberto,Italy. They use a municipal water tower(check
out www.galatica.it/MCC/ir4t_hry.htm.). Now that is the real deal! Thanks and
good VHF contesting!
                                                73,
                                                Joe W4AAB EM65LB