[VHFcontesting] VHF Frequency Chart & 3 half wave dipole

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Frequency Chart & 3 half wave dipole
From: crawfish@surfmore.net (Joe Crawford)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:54 2003
The antenna he is referring to is an extended double zepp.It has a little
gain over a dipole.The loop would be a nice choice. I have one in my attic.
The total length of the loop is 19 feet 8 inches, and it is in a square
configuration,meaning each side is 59 inches on a side.I fed mine direct
with 75 ohm coax (1/4 wave times velocity factor) and it loads up fine over
50.1-50.5.Good luck!
                                                        Joe W4AAB