[VHFcontesting] Bookshelves

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Bookshelves
From: jackal@videotron.ca (Alan D. Bulley)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:18 2003
I haven't seen anyone mention _Beyond Line of Sight: A History of VHF
Propagation from the Pages of QST_, edited by Emil Pocock W3EP (ARRL: 1992).
Relevant pages on antennas, feedlines and propagation in _The ARRL Handbook_
might also be useful.

Must your "bookshelf" contain only books? There are a lot of informative
websites that hams new to VHF could access quickly and cheaply. I'm thinking
of sites like the UK Six Metre Group's pages (http://www.uksmg.org/) or the
ARRL's Technical Information Pages (http://www.arrl.org/tis/tismenu.html),
as well as more general sites on propagation and some of the newer modes.

Any chance you'll send a copy of the list you compile to this discussion
group?

Alan VA2ADB