[VHFcontesting] MS Contest this weekend!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] MS Contest this weekend!
From: joe@puppsr13.princeton.edu (Joe Taylor)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:31 2003
I will be active in the December 2002 North American Meteor
Scatter Contest this weekend, 50 through 432 MHz, and I hope to
make one or more contacts with you. I will be operating in the
"Unassisted" category, so you won't see me posting anything on
Ping Jockey. Please listen for my CQs on 144.140 and 50.270, and
listen for me "tailending" on another QSO, and listen for my
request to QSY to another band that I know you have.

Some additional details:

1. The Geminids rise at about 1900 local time and are above the
horizon for some 19.5 hours (depending on your latitude), setting
around 1430 local time.  The best geometries for forward-scatter
contacts will be on North-South paths, around 2300 and 0600 local
time.  However, it will be possible to make many contacts on
sub-optimal paths and at most any time of the day.

2. I plan to be on starting at 1900 EST, Friday evening (December
14, 0000 UTC), and will be calling "CQ 150 K1JT" on 144.140.
That means that I will be listening for your reply on 144.150 and
will come back to you on 144.150 to conduct the QSO.  On 6 meters
I will call "CQ 280 K1JT" on 50.270, listening for replies on
50.280.  It is possible that QRM will require me to choose other
reply frequencies, so please be sure to check what I'm sending.

3. My "QSY frequencies" will most likely be 50.240, 144.113,
222.113, and 432.113.  If we work and I know that you have one of
the other bands, I will send something like "QSY 50.240" in place
of 73s when we are complete.  If you are able, please go to the
requested other frequency and start calling me there.

4. If you hear me nearing the end of a QSO with another station,
do not hesitate to call even if we are not quite done.  It's very
unlikely that your pings will overlap with those of the other
station.

5. Similarly, do not hesitate to use the CQ calling frequencies
even when the appear to be already in use.  The more RF we throw
up there, the more interesting this operating event will be!

I look forward to working you on one or more bands during the
contest!
                        -- 73, Joe, K1JT