[VHFcontesting] Re: 222 Rig FS

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: 222 Rig FS
From: W6OAL@aol.com (W6OAL@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:16 2003
Bob,

       I think you are way off base with your comments, prejudice and flying
the flag of an egotistical elitist! Yours is the attitude that causes our
ranks of the VHF and above to dwindle. Apparently your haven't done much
contesting at VHF and above. Otherwise you'd know that on occasion we have to
scratch for points and resorting to FM for a few is not unheard of in the
ranks of the 'real' contesters. An added bonus of going to 223.5 and 446.0
(FM) during a contest is that you might even attract the folks you find on
those frequency to exercise their multiband HF/VHF/UHF rig and join us on SSB
and CW.
       I see from the data base that your one by two call is a 'vanity call'
and that you've recently upgraded from Tech Plus to Extra Lite. So, now that
your one of those Extras - act like one, maybe impress your CB buddies with
those idiotic comments of yours but above all try and be an Elmer (if you
know what that is) to the younger folks just getting their feet wet.
       I hope that this will serve as a fact that you have been duly
chastised (verbally) and even you, in all your glory will make an effort to
switch modes during the up coming contests and maybe even inspire some of the
folks on FM at VHF and UHF to participate in the annual events - don't drive
them away fer God sake!
       Now, you have a nice day and an apology to the various reflectors that
you have shotgunned with your very inappropriate comments will be an
acceptable reply.

CU 73, Dave...(DM79) "A contester of the past fifty years!"