[VHFcontesting] Stacking Frame Questions

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Stacking Frame Questions
From: k1dh1@hotmail.com (Donald Huntington)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:17 2003

Hi Don,   I think it's a big mistake not to use metal (aluminum or steel)
for your frame. From a longivity stand point, non conductive material would
have a tough time withstanding the constant movement without breaking
sometime. I say put up an H frame with 2 horizontals. Now, that is strong!
That's what we use on Mt. Greylock (W2SZ/1) in the contests and have no
trouble even in very windy conditions. Elev 3491'
As far as interaction I doubt if you will see any because of the distances
involved and the fact that the antennas would be mounted on vertical
supports. My 2 cents
Good luck and 73,  Don K1DH  (six meter op: W2SZ)

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>