[VHFcontesting] Re: Location, location, location ...

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Location, location, location ...
From: Stanka1ze@aol.com (Stanka1ze@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:10 2003
Hi Don,
       I understand your problem well. I live in the CT. river valley with a
very dense population of contesting hams. The real serious contesters all
live on the high ground either side of the valley. Most of the stations run
kW's and have an excellent antenna farm. Talk about overload, WOW! The early
years were a real battle. Lots of anger and hurt feelings. My solution which
worked beyond my wildest expectations follows:
             1) Change my operating style to a less aggressive more friendly
one.
             2) Get to know all of the players and after all we have so much
in common, they were all very easy to make my friends.
             3) We all had so much in common we formed a club (NEWS) and now
really cheer for one another!

73,Stan KA1ZE