[VHFcontesting] Rover Trip

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover Trip
From: crawfish@surfmore.net (Crawfish)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:05 2003
W4RXR and myself drove to Dayton this weekend.On the way back, we got official
KY road maps. Radcliff is in EM77;Louisville is in EM78.EM76 starts down I-75
near Corbin,Ky. In September, we hope that we can go up to EM67 which is in the
Bowling Green-Cave City area on I-65.BTW, W4RXR bought a Ten-Tec 1210 and is
modifying it to 222 to take on the mountaintop in EM85 in June. I will be on
from home or somewhere close in EM65. I jsut bought a Tecraft 220 AM/CW
transmitter and have borrowed a Parks 220 receive converter. I found a MM 432
transverter at Dayton, but it doesn't have the PA( only runs 250 mW out).RXR
should have 6;2;222;432; and 1296 on his mountaintop in June.Am looking to
possibly mod the Tecraft into a 222 transmit converter soon.

            73,

            Joe W4AAB EM65LA

multipart/alternative
  text/html