[VHFcontesting] Stupid antenna question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Stupid antenna question
From: k8jwt@ntelos.net (Jacob Tennant)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:20 2003
This may sound like a stupid question but please bear with me...

For my home antennas on 6 meters, the mast used for suppporting them, should
the mast be grounded for best performance?

My ongoing problem is that I seem to receive all of my neighbors electrical
devices on my antenna? Hair dryers, razors, my own ceiling fans, etc... and
various other RF crap (S5-S7 growling sound from all directions) and was
thinking maybe I was in need of a better grounding system for the antennas
mast since I am in the process of rebuilding the home setup I would ask
before I get everything up in the air.

Also because I do live in a small valley so every little bit of signal
counts. S1=qso made & S0=boredom

J.Tennant  K8JWT