[VHFcontesting] 2m interference

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2m interference
From: RR124640@Exchange.AtlantaGA.NCR.com (Rogers, Ron)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:24 2003
How do we high power stations do it ??  We don't......you run only one rig
and switch between the frequencies !!! Same thing on 6 meters !! Get's even
worse with broad band front end radios.
Same theory is in effect as single site FM repeaters have to put up
with.....that's why repeaters use $1,000 deep notch duplexers. Even 440
machines that run 5 Mhz of frequency splits have to have a
duplexer.....you're trying to run less 2.5 Mhz freq. split !!!
We even run a single cavity filter in front of the 432 tower mounted preamp
to keep the 3rd harmonic of the 2 meter station out of the 432 station.

Ron Rogers - WB8ERB
-W9ICE Group-