[VHFcontesting] K7XC/R - Tonight and this weekend - NW VHF Conferance

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7XC/R - Tonight and this weekend - NW VHF Conferance
From: timm@phonewave.net (timm)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:24 2003
Hi Folks,

Shortly (3PM PST), I will be leaving eastern DM09 (Dixie
Valley, Navy Bombing Range) where I work, and travel to Bend
OR to attend the NW VHF Conferance this weekend.

As a dry run with the new ROVER gear, I be operating 50,
144, & 222 Mhz SSB/CW along the way.

The Route takes me thru some rare grids, especially on 222!
Grids traveled in order tonight are...

DM09 - Dixie Valley to Fernley to Hwy 447N towards Nixon.
DN00 - Hwy 447N to Gerlach.
DN01 - Hwy 447N North of Gerlach, To Eagleville.
CN91 - Hwy 447N to 299W towards Cedarville to Hwy 395N.
CN92 - Hwy 395N to Lakeview, Hwy 31 to Paisley, Summer Lake.
CN93 - Hwy 31N to Silverlake, Hwy 97N to Lapine.
CN94 - Hwy 97N to Bend.

Should be the same route in reverse Sunday AM.

Rover station...

1997 F150XL 4x4, Ic706mkIIg,
6M - 100W to a 2m 5/8 mag mount.(Not hooked up all the time)
2M - 50W to a pair of new style KB6KQ Loops.
222- DEM xvtr, 140W brick, single new style KB6KQ loop.
432- Not this trip, sorry.

Hope to contact alot of you on 222 as I work my way north.

73s de Tim - K7XC/R - DM09ol... sk

(PS: The K7XC 10W 2M Beacon will be running into my 18XXX at
home, aimed at CN92/93/94)