[VHFcontesting] PWR Inverter question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] PWR Inverter question
From: k0emt@dbBear.com (Bryan - k0emt)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:39 2003
Tim Coad wrote:
 > Thinking about getting a pwr inverter for turning a small rotor and
running the laptop...
 > Wondering if any one has input on if they can cause a lot of RF noise.
 > Better brands? Minimum Pwr acceptable?

A friend and I both picked up inverters for just this reason among
others at Sam's club.  400Watts, 800Watt surge. "Power on Board" brand.
   Model VEC031POB.  Look like a small linear.  Nice HD cords.  I chopped
off the clamps and put on Anderson Power Pole's.  Binding Posts for DC.
   ATC fuses on ground and hot.  Dual 110V outlets.  Visual indicator for
Low Battery/Overload.  I seem to remember the packaging mentioning
either pure or near sine wave output that is computer friendly.  Have
used it for power laptop and rotor.  It also has flanges on ends with
slots for mounting.  Overall, happy so far.

The cheap RS rotor makes more noise (both AF and RF) when turning than
the inverter does.

73,

Bryan - K0EMT
Database, Application and Web Developer for hire
http://www.dbbear.com/k0emt/                    <><