[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Acty

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Acty
From: k7cw@yahoo.com (Paul Kiesel)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:41 2003
I'm sure I'm not the first to state this, but maybe
it'll help to state it again.

If the League were to award prizes, instead of charge
for them, maybe more folks would participate. Pins and
clean-sweep cups immediately come to mind.

Yeah, it costs money, but I wonder how much. Really.

Having to pay for awards that are earned irks me.

"Hey, participate in our event, and if you reach the
threshold, send us the cash and we'll send you the pin
you earned."

The above reflects a policy adopted to fund awards.
It's an attitude towards contesters and contests. I
think that it might be part of the reason people don't
submit logs.

Might there be a fix? I think so. I think the League
is coming to the realization that contesters, while
being a minority, are worth far more than that in the
general scheme of things.

K7CW