[VHFcontesting] WA5VJB "cheap yagis"

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WA5VJB "cheap yagis"
From: n0jk@hotmail.com (jon jones)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:32 2003
I received several inquires regarding WA5VJB's "cheap yagis." Here are some
links for them:

http://www.clarc.org/Articles/uhf.htm

http://www.fredspinner.com/W0FMS/CheapYagi/

These antennas are easily replicated, and cheap! They consist of only wire,
coax and a wooden boom. They have won antenna measuring contests in several
categories at the Central States VHF Society Conferences over the years.

Another "cheap" and "quick" 2M antenna is a 4 el quad on a wood boom. I
built one for the 2002 Leonids Shower and made a dozen random SSB meteor
scatter QSOs with it. (160 watts)

- Jon NØJK