[VHFcontesting] K7XC/Rover - Jan VHF Sweeps

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7XC/Rover - Jan VHF Sweeps
From: timm@cccomm.net (Tim Marek)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:32 2003
Greetings Everyone!

Sorry for the last minute announcement but life is very hectic these days.

The K7XC/Rover crew will be QRV for the upcoming ARRL January VHF
Sweepstakes...

The route we have planned starts in DM16 near Coso Junction, then we head
South to the DM 04 05 14 15
Gridcorner near Mojave. The over the mountains to Hwy 5. Now heading North
we next hit the CM95 96 DM05 06 gridcorner near Kettleman City. After a few
hours, we continue North on Hwy 5 thru CM96, on to CM97 and the roadside
reat near Newman. From there we continue North to Hwy 580 West and over the
mountains to Hwy 680 North thru CM87. Over the bridge to Benicia we enter
CM88. Connecting up with Hwy 80 East we enter CM98 near Vacaville. Grab the
Hwy 505 North cutoff to Hwy 5. Then at the College City exit we go 4 miles
east to CM99. Back to Hwy 5 North and into CM89. Still traveling North we
enter CN80. At Hwy 36 East we work our way to Inskip hill in CN90. After the
activity fades we continue on thru Susanville, a slight jog to the north on
Hwy 395 to Litchfield and then take the road thru Wendel, then on to
Flanigan Junction. At the junction of SSR 445 we head north toward The Smoke
Creek Desert. Just before Sand Springs Pass is a Gravel pit on the right.
The access road to "Flat Tire Mtn" begins there and works its way up to the
top next to a solar microwave / VHF railroad site that has cost me at least
one tire per visit over a 3 year period. Here we will finish the cotest
before heading home to Fallon NV.

So the route... In Order...  DM16, DM15, DM14, DM04, DM05, CM95, DM06, CM96,
CM97, CM87, CM88, CM98, CM99, CM89, CN80, CN90, and finally DN00. Maybe if
time permits we will make it to DM09.

Bands? Station? Antennas? Here you go...

 50 Mhz - IC746, 100W, KQ Loop 8 feet up from the rear bumper.
144 Mhz - IC746, 100W, pair of KQ Loops
222 Mhz - IC706mkIIg, DEMI Xvtr, 140W brick, KQ Loop
432 Mhz - IC706mkIIg, 110W brick, M2 Eggbeater.

1296 Mhz is a possibility is we get it running before we leave early
Saturday AM

Also carrying a drive on mount, 12' of mast, a 2M9SSB and a M2 440-18 to
setup at the grids with a extended stay planned.

FM?

We plan to Monitor 146.550, 223.50, and 446.00 continuosly during out trek.

ROVER?

Its a very clean, low mileage, F150XL with a brand new 12 position Rig
Runner power distribution system installed under the rear seat. Had it only
a couple months and just now finishing the antenna installation and
converting to the Anderson Power Pole connectors.

Operators?

Tim - NS9E has agreed to man to copilot position and will be doing the
logging duties on a IBM760EL laptop in addition to 2nd operator activities.

It will be our first serious outing since the Mazda's feul pump failed us 2
years ago September. New truck, new radios, new laptop! Hopefully all the
major problems have been addressed.

Hope to catch you all on many bands from many grids!

73s de Tim - K7XC/R - DM09ol... sk

http://k7xc.tripod.com/K7XCweaksignal/

"What We Do In Life... Echoes In Eternity!" - General Maximus

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.