[VHFcontesting] W0IS/R Rover plans MN WI IA NE QRP

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W0IS/R Rover plans MN WI IA NE QRP
From: clem.law@usa.net (Richard Clem)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:32 2003
I wanted to get our tentative rover plans posted ASAP, even though they might
be tweaked a bit before the contest.

Call:  W0IS/R
Ops:  W0IS and KC0OIA
Rigs:  FT-817 with 5 watts on 50, 144, and 432
       5 watt 2 meter HT monitoring 146.55
Antennas:  SSB/CW:  Dipoles for 50, 144, and 432, mounted about 3 feet off the
roof of the car (about 7 feet above ground level)
           2M FM:  Quarter-wave mag mount
Type of operation:  Mostly run and gun, with possible stops along the way.
Itinerary:

We have a committment in the Twin Cities on Saturday evening, so we'll be
heading out on Saturday, heading back to the cities, and then heading out
again Sunday morning.

We will start the contest in either EN35 or EN36, depending on how early a
start we can get.  Assuming we get an early start, we'll be in EN36 at about
1:00.  (All times are CST)

We will then head East, and plan on operating from the southwestern part of
EN46 at about 2:00 PM.  Then, we will head south and pick up EN45 and EN44
until about 5:00 or 6:00 PM.

We will then head home to EN34, where we'll be on the air sporadically
Saturday evening.

On Sunday morning, we will head south through EN34, EN33, EN32, and EN31.  Our
schedule will probably be something like 10AM in EN34, noon in EN33, 2:00 in
EN32, and 4:00 in EN31.

After EN31, we will head west on I-80 into EN21, and hopefully within shouting
distance of Omaha.

We will then head home along the same route (I-80 and I-35), looking for more
contacts from EN21, EN31, EN32, EN33, and EN34 until the end of the contest.

Again, this is tentative, so if there are changes, I'll post them later in the
week.

73 & GL in the contest,
Rick W0IS and Yippy KC0OIA