No subject

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:25 2003
When I knew the ARRL Board was trying to decide what to do, I made my views
known to Tom Frenaye, K1KI, the NE Divsion Director.  At this point, I intend
to look at the results over about a half year's time, and make my views known
again. If I feel that QST has met the goal of making better use of the pages
than contest line scores -- especially in the contesting area -- I will let Tom
(and Dan) know that I am pleased. If not, I will let them know what changes I
think would make the writeups better.  Fortunately, Tom and Dan have both been
very good about knowing when I am wearing my HQ Lab hat and when I am wearing
my member hat.

Until a few issues under the new "style" are out, I won't know for sure whether
I like the changes.  But I think it best that I actually see what it turns out
like before I decide whether I like it or not. :-)

I am only sub'ed to the VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu reflector, so Tom, if you would
like my post to appear on the others, you will have to forward them.
Understand, these are my PERSONAL views and do not represent ARRL policy. Dan
Henderson is quite capable of speaking for himself. :-)

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab
225 Main St