[VHFcontesting] Microwave_Activity_Days

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Microwave_Activity_Days
From: w3iy@fcc.net (Bill Seabreeze)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:53 2003
OK gang...
Coming up next Sat 0800-1200 is your big chance to partake in
some microwave activity.  Yep, that's right...jess in time so that u
still have a chance to get the peanut butter outta yer hoses, and the
hornets outta yer feed horns before the big event on 14-15 June.
After all this rain on the east coast, it's bound to be good wx, so
get out there and MAKE SOME NOISE.  Rovers will have a good
chance to do some RF surveys at some sites, and all the big base
stations can try out their new bands using something besides a signal
generator.  Check out them new 55ft portable masts before they fall
on yer little hey-ed during the contest.  Make sure yer new laptop
don't hose down the bands with RFI.  Practice yer setemup and
bustemdown operations, while you can still mend yer ways, and
do it right!

Test, test, test.  That's what it's all about.  Be ready and
check out yer apparatus, while there's still some time to fix broke
stuff.  Let yer VHF & above buddies know that you're still out there,
and ready to burn holes in the ether.  Listen on 144.260 & 144.200.
You may find some non-microwave types on 200, and you kin let
'em know about all the fun theye be missin' on the ultra-highs.

I hope to be out on a hill some place, and will be barking on 2m lookin
fer bizness on the bands.  Probably FM08us.  Company would
be welcome, as we can share the bands pretty well with others.
(now there's a good reason to have some extree bands...)

Turn on...tune in...lock-on!  Fine-tune yer signal acquisition skills.
Microwave_Activity_Days......be there....Saturday... & also more
on Monday evening, 9 June after supper in case u couldn't get a
kitchen pass for Sat.  Don't forget to put in yer kitchen pass request
forms for the VHF contest 14-15 June.  You won't want to miss the
action this year.  We have ordered some good propagation from the
propagation fairies.  They said they would deliver this year.

73 & listen fer the weak ones...
Bill W3IY/R

http://members.fcc.net/wseab