[VHFcontesting] VX5R on 6 meters

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VX5R on 6 meters
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:54 2003
Has anyone used a yaesu VX5R or VX7R simplex on Eskip
openings?  If so, how does it perform?  I realize that
the stock antenna is too small, so would replace it
with an after market antenna.  I am looking for
something to do 6 on during band openings when I am
between work and home, or during breaks at work.
Never know when that new grid is going to come it.  I
have owned an Icom T8 and T81 before, but never really
used them on 6.  Interested in how the Yaesu's do.

73s John NE0P