[VHFcontesting] 1987 better than 2003?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 1987 better than 2003?
From: n0jk@hotmail.com (jon jones)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:55 2003
--- George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net> wrote:
>  Yes - that would be nice - but from a sheer QSO
>count this year was
>better than 1987 for us since we were able to get
>over 1000 contacts
>  by midnight Saturday night on six meters and no
>one in 1987 made it
>1000 contacts on six meters.

There are more stations on 6M in 2003 vs. 1987, so comparing raw QSO numbers
may be misleading. Perhaps total hour Es noted, and map plots would be a
more accurate way to compare the two years.

re. Sat. night - it s***ed from FM72. Only weak Es to 4s and 5s, most of
whom either had their antennas pointed away from me(4s) or were working
strong single hop stations covering me up(5s). The conditions were much
better Friday night when I had strong multi-hop Es all the to the west
coast. Had the contest started one day earlier...

- VP9/NØJK