[VHFcontesting] Good VHF/UHF rigs

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Good VHF/UHF rigs
From: kb8jvh@reydata.com (Tony Reynolds)
Date: Fri Jun 27 20:21:06 2003
I had a TS-2000 for about 1.5 years. Convenient, you bet! I thought the
receiver on 6, 2, 70 and HF for that matter was pretty good when the band
isn't crowded. Under contest conditions was a different matter alltogether.
A couple of strong signals nearby showed it to be severly lacking in the BDR
department. I think a good HF rig and transverters is still the way to go
for a serious contest station, but that's just my opinion.

Tony
KB8JVH