[VHFcontesting] Sprint-O-gram

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Sprint-O-gram
From: k1whs@worldpath.net (DAVID C. OLEAN)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:47 2003
Geez, Bill,
    I sure wish I had the microwave activity you seem to have around the Old
Dominion! I was on at 7 am and was amazed to hear just K1TEO weakly calling CQ
on 1296. He disappeared before I could get the keyer fired up. I called on 1296
& 144.260 and found no one (100 watts 4 x 17 el yagis) Went down the hill and
got some breakfast then back at it at 8:30, and worked a total of 3 contacts.
Two on 903, and one on 1296. I have never seen conditions so bad as they were
here in Maine. A front had just swept through early this morning, and the wind
was howling. The packrat 144 beacon was barely audible. Ditto 432 CCX beacon.
There was no one audible on 144  here to run with save for WB2SIH who I worked
on 903, K1TEO (903 & 1296), K1IIG and WA2FGK who I missed on 903. FGK was weak
and fluttery on 144. I am not surprised he was poor copy on 903. We did not try
on the higher bands.  I heard WA2FGK talking to you on 144, but you were not
audible on 144 here in Maine. Even K1TEO was weak on 144. (Hey what gives?)  I
heard him on 3456, but he could not hear me. I should have stayed in bed and
saved the generator fuel! 3 qsos in 2 grids...what a score! Sort of
embarrassing! I need to move!

73
Dave K1WHS