[VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest Awards

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest Awards
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:49 2003
Instead of trying to decide if we have enough information to figure out
what we need to do in order to increase participation in VHF contests,
we at the Boring Amateur Radio Club have decided to blindly take action.

The Boring Amateur Radio Club had decided to sponsor some special awards for
the upcoming ARRL June VHF contest.  These awards are for those who are
operating in the Charlie-Nancy (CN) grid field.  This includes the western
half of Oregon and Washington and some of southern British Columbia.  Oh,
yes, it does cover part of Northern California - but as near as we can tell,
no radio activity actually occurs there.

If you do not reside in this great grid field, you are welcome to mount a
DX-pedition here during the contest so you can take part in this event.
However, be warned, the competition is fierce in this part of the country.

The proposed awards are:

1.      High score - single-operator - unassisted.
2.      High score - single-operator - unassisted - low or QRP power.
3.      High QSO total on 432 MHz.
4.      Any rover with 100+ QSOs that activates at least four CN grid
        squares.  At least 15 QSOs must be made from each grid.

Other award ideas might be considered - especially if they are written on a
$50 bill.

You don't have to do anything to win these awards (except get on and submit
your score).  They will be mailed out before the next June VHF test to your
callbook QTH.

Be there for this great event - or be somewhere else.

73 K7RAT Bert - Chief Radio Awards Person - Boring Amateur Radio Club
k7rat@jzap.com